My hope that that my contacts and Twitter friends can help me give my pal a pat on the back.
Will you help me?
Here is what I can tell you:
- Tom is a Canadian working in Melbourne, Australia. He is in his late 30's but is completely grey. His job involves advertising on the internet.
Just to make this interesting I'd like to set these rules:
- This will be a Twitter-only experiment, please (Tom's on the Facebook). It's too easy to find him that way ... and besides a poke is not replacement for a good hug.
- The hug is important... or at least a pat on the back. Whomever we can get to do this I'd him or her to give that pat and say to Tom "This is from Travis".
- Let's keep it from him so that is a surprise. I'm going to turn off my FriendFeed and Twitter for Facebook just to try to keep this experiment at least 1 step away from Tom.
- It would be KILLER if you could have a friend tape the hug for me. I'll post it here!
- Let's see how short of a time we can do this in.
- Direct Message, or @reply to me on Twitter to let me know if you are making any progress.
- (not a rule but...) I'd love to figure out a way to watch this pat on the back live. I could be on skype or gmail chat. Heck, we could set up a video on Qik and everyone involved could watch.
I'm releasing this challenge at 23:55 EDT, Monday May 18, 2009. Can you help a brother out? You can follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/zoic
If you are responsible for making the final hug-rrangements I'll send you a copy of a The Whuffie Factor from Tara Hunt (@missrogue). (Not that you'll need it because you will obviously know the "power of social networks" if you can help me pull this off...)